Voxel 1.3.1 is now available
Create post form
- Added real-time (client side) form validation for each field type
- Character counter for textarea and text editor fields is now available
- New UI HTML field lets you insert custom HTML markup to your forms
In WP admin ➝ Structure ➝ Taxonomies ➝ Edit taxonomy
We added a couple of new options
You can now define the base URL for your taxonomies aswell as decide if you want to set the permalink to be hierarchical (Parent/Child)
2. Hierarchical structure: Lets you choose if you want the taxonomy to be multi level (like post categories) or single level (like post tags)
3. Publicly queryable: In the context of Voxel this just removes this taxonomy from the sitemap and removes the front-end archive pages. Useful if the taxonomy has no SEO importance.
4. Show this taxonomy in quick edit: When you quick edit a post in back-end, this taxonomy will show for selection
5. Display taxonomy as column: Adds an admin column to the back-end post list
Hide empty option is now available for Term feed widget.
and for individual Terms filters in your search forms.
A new interface to select loopable content is now available.
In WP admin ➝ Voxel ➝ Settings ➝ Maps added a few more Google maps options
- Map type: possible values: Roadmap, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid
- Show Map Type control
- Show Street View control
- Terms filter: Added “Hide empty terms” option
- Term feed (VX): Added “Hide empty terms” and “Hide empty terms without a post in (post_type)” options
- Dynamic Tags > Term group: Added ability to output combined count for all post types through the “Post count” tag
- Post feed (VX): Added new “Archive” data source, used to display posts from native WordPress archive pages with native pagination links
- Create post (VX): Added real-time (client side) form validation
- Post type fields: Added new “UI HTML” field
- Taxonomies: Added “Enable hierarchical structure” setting
- Taxonomies: Added “Is this taxonomy publicly queryable” setting
- Taxonomies: Added “Show this taxonomy in admin quick edit form for posts” setting
- Taxonomies: Added “Display a column for this taxonomy in the admin post list table” setting
- Taxonomies: Added support for custom permalink base
- Taxonomies: Added support for hierarchical permalinks (example.com/category/parent-term/child-term)
- Google Maps: Added “Map type” setting, possible values: Roadmap, Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid
- Google Maps: Added “Show Map Type control” setting
- Google Maps: Added “Show Street View control” setting
- Element loops: Updated UI for picking the loop source.
- Texteditor field: character counter (when using maxlength)
- WP Admin > Voxel > Settings > Statistics: Added “Purge cache” action
- Fixed: Empty values appearing in traffic aggregated stats (top countries, top referrers, top platforms, etc.)
- Fixed: Taxonomy not getting assigned to the field when using the inline “Create new taxonomy” action
- Fixed: Cannot create custom term template for default WordPress categories
- Fixed: Visit tracking not working on user profiles
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/regular-product-fields-booking-field/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/missing-translation-chain/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/quick-search-all-post/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/post-unpublished-when-upgrading-plan/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/repeater-field-max/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/dynamic-tags-in-attributes-field/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/translation-string-maybe-missing-in-events-calendar-popup/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/translation-in-stats-axis/
Next week we will release the review import add-on.
Hope you enjoyed this update.