Voxel 1.2.5 is now available
Post submission limits
Post submission limits are defined by the user’s membership plan.
Membership plans can be Subscriptions or One time payments.
The publishing status of posts is tied to the membership plan by default
In the case of subscription based plans, the posts are unpublished upon cancellation of the plan. When customer downgrades to a lower plan that doesn’t cover their existing submissions, some or all posts will be unpublished, depending on the limits of the newly assigned plan.
One time payment plans
In the case of one time payment plans, the listing is left published indefinitely.
Within the time period allowed by the plan, the 1.2.5 update introduces Expiration rules
Expiration rules are a second clause to control the status of a post. Each post type can have its own expiration rules which can be found in WP admin ➝ Post types ➝ Edit post type ➝ General ➝ Expiration rules.
Expiration rules can be added based on fixed time, and based on dynamic value of a date field.
Expire after fixed time
When this option is enabled, you can define a fixed time period after which the post is expired.
Expire based on date field
This mode allows expiring posts when a date field or the end of a recurring date field is reached.
These rules can be useful to:
- Expire Events after they reach their final date
- Expire Job listings, after their available period ends
and similar usecases.
Any date fields added to your post type will automatically show up under “Available rules”
You can combine multiple expiration rules. The post will expire the moment one of the rules is reached
Individual post settings
When editing a post in back-end, a new meta box related to Expiration is now available
The metabox includes three options
- Follow expiration rules: This is enabled by default and respects the settings defined in the post type
- Custom expiration date: This overwrites the expiration rules letting you define a custom expiration date for this post only
- Never expire: Disables expiration for this post
After a post is expired, you can allow the author to relist them. This is made available using the “Relist expired post” action available in the Action list (VX) widget
In your membership plan settings, you can define the relisting behaviour
When an expired post is relisted by the author, it should:
- Use an additional submission slot
- Use the same submission slot
Note: This option appears if Expired status is counted towards listing limit
New dynamic tags added under Dynamic tags ➝ User group ➝ Post types
- Expired post count
- Unpublished post count
- Rejected post count
- Draft count
In the front-end submission form, a new “Save as draft” option is now added.
This option appears in two scenarios
- When creating a new post
- When editing a draft post
- Added “Expiration rules” section in the post type editor
- Added “Expiration date” metabox in backend edit post screen
- Action list (VX) widget: Added “Relist expired post” action
- Plan submission limits: Added setting to set whether expired posts use an additional slot or the same slot when relisted
- Added “Save as draft” button in Create post (VX) widget
- Dynamic Tags > User group > Post types: Added post count stats for Expired, Unpublished, Rejected, and Draft posts
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/questions/user-registration-process-not-working-2/
- Fixed https://getvoxel.io/timeline/?status_id=6819&reply_id=6278