General post type settings
The post type editor interface is split into four main tabs which cover different aspects:
In the general tab, general settings related to the post type can be configured. These settings are further split into 10 sub-tabs
- Post submission
- Direct messages
- Expiration rules
In the Basic sub-tab, you can set labels and icon for the post type. These details can be referenced in the site front-end in different scenarios
- Singular name
- Plural name
Under Configuration section, you can find the options to export or import post type config files. These can be used to quickly transfer configuration from one post type to the other
The post submission sub-tab contains options related to publishing and editing.
- Enable post submission: This option enables the ability to submit posts in front-end
- New post status: This option lets you control the status of a post after it’s submitted in front-end
- Edited post status: This option lets you control the status of a post after it’s edited in front-end
- Post slug settings: By default, when the post title is changed after it was published, its URL slug changes aswell. This setting can disable that behaviour
- Delete permissions: This option enables the ability for post author to delete their posts in front-end.
The options here are related to the Timeline (VX) Elementor widget, and control the behaviour of that widget if used within posts of this type.
Lets you configure reviews for this post type including creating review categories, setting labels and colors for different rating levels and picking the input mode.
The available inputs modes are:
- Stars (or custom icons)
Based on the configuration made here, these settings will reflect in the Timeline (VX) widget when its mode is set to Current Post Reviews
Enable the ability for posts to receive direct messages.
Configure map markers for posts. There are three marker types:
- Icon (Static)
- Image (Static or Dynamic)
- Text (Static or dynamic)
The text marker is compatible with Voxel dynamic tags and can be used to output field values dynamically on a map marker such as price (seen on the Stays demo)
Set the permalink base for this post type. The base is used for both archive page and single post page
After making changes to the permalink base, it’s required to go to WP Admin ➝ Settings ➝ Permalinks and press “Save changes” for the change to take effect.
Set custom expiration rules for posts on this post type. Expiration rules can be set based on a fixed number of days, or dynamically based on a date/recurring date field value
Recent revisions made to the post type configuration are stored here so you can quickly roll back when necessary
Edit posts in back-end:
- Gutenberg: Switch between Gutenberg or Classic editor
- Post excerpt: Enable post excerpt for this post type
Personal data export:
- Determine whether posts of this post type are included in user data export requests
- Determine what happens with posts of this post type when the author deletes their account
- Enable native archive query (Disabled by default as is less performant compared to Voxel custom query)